Casula Powerhouse is a multi-disciplinary arts centre, located on Tharawal country, the banks of the Georges River within the City of Liverpool. The centre boasts:
- 6 galleries with a year round exhibition program of changing exhibitions produced and presented by Casula Powerhouse
- 321 seat theatre with full seasons of touring productions from some of Australia's most renowned companies
- 2 artist studios including the Clayhouse Ceramics Studio
- A series of permanent public artworks
- Climate controlled storage facilities for the collection of over 30, 000 items
- Green open spaces: Weaving Garden, Alice Klaphake Amphitheatre, and 20 hectares of parklands A proud facility of the Liverpool City Council, and funded by Arts Council NSW, the Casula Powerhouse aims to draw on the strengths of its community, to make work that speaks to people everywhere.
Casula Powerhouse is an arts centre responsive to its local and global communities. With over 150 languages spoken in the local area, we represent culturally diverse stories that allow our audiences to reflect on the world. As both a producer and presenter of work, we offer professionalism and expertise in the development of both contemporary art and community based practice.
A vibrant space where ideas, art forms and philosophies fuse- we celebrate cultural diversity.
Creative Arts Industry
Helping to grow the creative industry in South West Sydney, we provide opportunities for new, emerging and established artists mainly from the South West Sydney region.
Connected to our local schools, we offer programs that bring our exhibitions to life- guided tours, hands on workshops, artist’s talks. Community programs are also available.