PARAMOR PRIZE: ART + INNOVATION
The inaugural PARAMOR PRIZE: ART + INNOVATION 2015 is an annual acquisitive prize of $20,000. A $5,000 Mayoral Award will be issued to the artwork that best addresses the guiding principles of
Liverpool City Council and a $1,000 People’s Choice Award will be issued to the artwork voted most popular. A curated selection of works will be exhibited at Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre.
Winners will be selected by a panel of guest judges.
Artwork submissions should address ideas about innovation and thinking about our future. The union of contemporary art and innovation in creative practice has the potential to create new knowledge, ideas and processes. The PARAMOR PRIZE: ART + INNOVATION encourages new ways of seeing, experiencing and interpreting the world around us.
The Liverpool City Council vision for the future is to be the city of the great South West - a region of opportunity, prosperity and diversity. Innovation is a guiding principle of Liverpool City Council and the PARAMOR PRIZE: ART + INNOVATION provides an opportunity to develop new solutions and creative explorations of the new challenges and opportunities in the rapidly growing South West Sydney region.
The inaugural PARAMOR PRIZE: ART + INNOVATION 2015 is launched in memory of one of Australia’s most loved and celebrated female modern artists, Wendy Paramor. Her artistic practice was innovative and forward thinking and as local Liverpool resident, Paramor exemplified the artistic creativity of the Liverpool region.
Paramor died at the age of 37 in 1975. A large collection of her works were gifted to Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre and the Liverpool City Art, Heritage and Local Studies Collection. 2015 commemorates the 40th anniversary of Paramor’s death.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter just fill out our online form o r download a print copy.
And pay your fee online here.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
· Entry fee is $30 for one work and $50 for two works (including GST). Entry fees are non-refundable.
· Only one transaction permitted per artist or artist collective.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
· Works must have been produced within the last 2 years.
· All artworks must be available for acquisition.
· Maximum two entries per artist.
· Artwork entries will be considered individually.
· Previous artwork entries will not be accepted.
· By entering work into this prize the artist warrants that the work is original and does not infringe copyright, moral rights or other rights of any third party.
· If an artwork is sold during the prize, CPAC will retain a 20% commission of sale value.
· Artworks exceeding 200cm (h) x 200cm (w) x 200cm (d) may require to be dismantled for storage, transportation and access purposes.
· Hung works must have “D” rings or suitable hanging brackets attached to the frame. All unframed works must be accompanied by a magnet or linen tape system to be displayed.
· Wet, unfinished or unresolved works will not be accepted.
· If your work is chosen for display, delivery and pick-up is to be both organised and undertaken by the artist in consultation with CPAC staff.
· Works entered as a series or as one work (e.g. a diptych or triptych) must have a single price.
· New media works to be submitted for exhibition should be as a single .MOV or .MP4 data file on a USB or disc (without separate video/audio folders). Please note that new media works may be compiled and shown with other works on either projection or screen (to be determined by CPAC). Artists may provide own projectors and screens for multi-channel works, but all electronic equipment must be supplied to CPAC for tagging and testing. Any electronic goods deemed dangerous will not be used.
· Works that exceed 200cm (h) x 200cm (w) x 200cm (d) and cannot be dismantled will not be accepted. Ensure measurements include the frame and/or mounting board. CPAC reserves the right to reject works that do not comply with these conditions and artwork specifications without refund of entry fee.
JUDGING AND PRE-SELECTION
· Entries must include an artist statement no longer than 1 x A4 page per work.
· Artists must supply a current CV.
· Entries must be accompanied by a high quality image of each work entered. Recommended files are JPEG or TIFF files via the online upload or mailed in on either a CD or USB .
· A selection panel will pre-select finalists. Only pre-selected finalists will be advised of successful entry by 5pm - 12 December, 2014.
· Only pre-selected finalists will be required to deliver their works to CPAC.
RECEIVING + COLLECTION OF SUCCESSFUL ARTWORKS
· Pre-selected finalists will be contacted by CPAC Registration staff to organise the delivery of artwork/s between 12 – 16 January, 2014.
· All works will be available for collection between 23 – 27 March, 2014
· Delivery and collection address:
Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre
1 Powerhouse Road, Casula
· Works WILL NOT be released before the collection dates.
FREIGHT, PACKAGING + INSURANCE
· Applicants must make their own arrangements for delivery and collection of artworks. All freight charges are to be paid by the applicant. Packaging materials for works will not be kept unless specified.
SUBMITTING ENTRY FORM
· A copy of an official entry form (either hard copy or online) must be submitted by 5pm - 7 December, 2014 with fee, artist statement, artist C.V. and image of artwork/s.
· Forms, images and payment received after this date will be deemed invalid and will not be accepted under any circumstances. CDs and USBs can be returned upon collection of artworks.
· Please retain and quote your receipt/confirmation number on the application form if payment is made online or over the counter at CPAC.
· Hard copy entry forms can be collected from CPAC reception.
· Hard copy entry forms may be returned in person to CPAC reception or by mail to:
Paramor Prize: Art + Science 2015
c/o Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre
Locked Bag 7064
Liverpool BC NSW 1871
· Hard copy submissions sent via mail MUST be accompanied by cheque or Money Order made out to ‘Liverpool City Council’ if payment has not otherwise been made online or over the counter or fill out the credit card section of the entry form.
· Online applications can be made through the CPAC website or Facebook page:www.casulapowerhouse.com www.facebook.com/casulapowerhosue
· Only one application is required.
· Pre-selected finalists will be listed on CPAC’s website at www.casulapowerhouse.com from 15 December, 2014.
· Successful artists will be notified by email or phone. Winners will be announced on the opening night, 6 February 2015.
· Only pre-selected finalists will be advised of successful entry by close of business 12 December, 2014.