A Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre, Seymour Centre and Merrigong Theatre Company co-production
The Hansard Monologues
A Matter of Public Importance
A verbatim play by Katie Pollock and Paul Daley
“As she comes into this parliament it is almost as if she is trying to earn frequent liar points.” The Hon. Tony Abbott MP, Federal Member for Warringah.
What will we remember about the 43rd Parliament of Australia? That it was supposed to be about us – but was it really just about them?
As the election nears, this verbatim play will prosecute the words of Hansard, the factual record of what our MPs say in parliament, to relive and recut the highs and lows, the ayes and nays of our national discourse.
In the tradition of The Vagina Monologues, A Matter of Public Importance will let our MPs speak for themselves. Each performance will also feature a guest star direct from Canberra!
This is the story of how our country makes itself, over and over again. Don’t miss it. It is about you.
Guest Starring Ed Husic (24 July)
25 July Guest Star TBA
Conceived and Produced by Peter Fray
Directed by Timothy Jones
Cast: David Roberts, Camilla Ah Kin, Tony Llewellyn-Jones
EDUCATION LINKS: Drama Curriculum Links: 4.3.2, 5.3.1, P3.2, P3.4, H2.5, H3.4 English Curriculum Links: 4.1.11, 4.2.13, 4.2.14, 4.6.8, 4.6.9, 4.9.7, 4.10.9, 5.1.7, 5.4.8, 5.6.7, 5.6.9, 5.9.6, 5.10.9, 5.10.12, PS6.1, PS6.2, PS8.1, HS5.1, HS10.1, HS11.1, PA1.1, PA6.1, PA8.1, HA6.1, HA8.1
Pre-show meal for The Hansard Monologues has now been cancelled - we apologise for any inconvenience caused/
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is for NSW residents only
2. To win, entrants must tell us in 25 words or less their favourite political moment of the last two years and why AND 'like' the Hansard Monologues status.
3. Winners will receive two tickets to either 24 or 25 July showing of Hansard Monologues playing at Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre (winner to choose). Total of ten passes to giveaway.
4. Prize is non-transferable, non-redeemable for cash
5. Total prize pool for the promotion is $700.
6. Competition closes Friday 18 July, 5pm
7. Winners will be notified via Facebook Saturday 19 July, 10am