FLIGHT EXHIBITION CALLOUT
We are seeking expressions of interest from creatives who LIVE, WORK or STUDY in Liverpool to develop new artworks which respond to the themes of FLIGHT, to be presented as part of an exhibition project at Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre in 2023.
We will host an ARTIST INFORMATION SESSION on Saturday 28 May at 10.30am and we encourage those interested in exhibiting to join this session. This session will provide in-depth information about this program. Attendees will hear directly from the curators of the project and from people with specialist knowledge of the themes of FLIGHT.
FLIGHT is an exploration of the many themes of flight and is presented in anticipation of the 2026 take-off of the Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport and the surrounding Aerotropolis.
Across every artform, in most spaces, indoors and out, we will dissect, discuss and deconstruct the following themes:
- The new airport and aerotropolis
- Aviation and navigation
- The history of air travel
- The freedoms and perils that air travel promises (migration, tourism, environmental transformations)
- What it feels like to be a body in flight (weightlessness, motion sickness)
- Industrial design, and the aerodynamics of objects and species
- Bird’s eye views – what we see when we are up there
Simultaneously celebratory and critical, excited about the return of air travel yet concerned about its ongoing impact on the environment, this will be an opportunity to re-engage with flight in all its forms.
How to respond to the theme of FLIGHT and submit your application?
We are looking for a brief outline of:
- Your art practice and how you would respond to one (or more) of the themes of FLIGHT
- How you and/or your ideas are related to your life in Liverpool
- Examples of your work - images, video, digital representations of your work that can be attached to your submission
DEADLINE: Sunday 12 June 2022
ENTER HERE: https://form.jotform.com/221031508591852